Cleaning Unusual Chair Materials
Our step-by-step instructions show you how to clean usual chair material.
Everything In This Slideshow
1 of 7
Your Chair-Cleaning Guide
Cleaning furniture isn't easy, especially when it comes to chairs made from special materials. We've compiled step-by-step instructions for cleaning some of the trickiest chair materials -- from bamboo to rattan.
2 of 7
Cleaning Wicker Chairs
1. Vacuum with a soft brush attachment.
2. Wash with a brush dipped in soapy water or spray with a garden hose.
3. Dry in a shaded, breezy area.
3 of 7
Cleaning Bamboo Chairs
1. Wipe gently with a slightly damp, soft, clean cloth.
2. Tack or glue loose corners.
3. Have tears professionally repaired by a furniture restorer.
4. Inspect annually for damage.
4 of 7
1. Spray a glass cleaner onto a soft lint-free towel and rub gently.
2. Check for tiny rust spots.
3. Treat spots with a metal polish formulated for chrome.
5 of 7
1. Vacuum with a soft brush attachment, or gently brush with a soft, wide brush.
2. Don't wet or dampen.
3. Spot-clean spills with a clean damp cloth.
6 of 7
1. Gently scrub this tropical material or douse it with the garden hose.
2. Let it dry in a sheltered area away from direct sun.
3. Rub with a clean cloth.
Next Slideshow Cleaning Hacks to Add to Your Bag of Tricks
Cleaning Hacks to Add to Your Bag of TricksBe a better and faster cleaner with these clever ideas that use why-didn't-I-think-of-that tools and creative techniques that help take the work out of your chore list. So tuck these ideas into your bag of tricks and consider your home cleaning done.Begin Slideshow »