continue reading below
- Sweep front steps and clean front door glass.
- Carry a laundry basket throughout the house, picking up clutter. Stash out of sight.
- Clean up trash, throw it out, and line trash receptacles with clean liners.
- Wipe down any dirty areas in the bathrooms using household cleaner and paper towels.
- Apply toilet bowl cleaner in the toilets and give them a quick brushing.
- Wipe down bathroom floors with a damp towel.
- Hang fresh hand towels and put out fresh hand soap.
- Close the doors to rooms (e.g. bedrooms) your guests don't need to use.
- Vacuum high-traffic areas guests will see.
- Dust wood floors quickly using a dust mop.
- Wipe down kitchen counters with household cleaner.
- Clean out the refrigerator, discarding leftovers and expired food. Move large containers to the back of the fridge to make room for food and beverages guests bring.
- Straighten stacks of magazines and books.
- Straighten sofa pillows.
- Straighten coat closet, making room to hang guests' outerwear.
- Light scented candles to give your home a fresh, clean aroma.
Solve Your Stains
Fight stains fast with tips and tricks from our free tool, Stain Fixes.