2. Start construction by cutting a 30-degree angle at the top end of each 2x4 post. Use the miter saw for all cuts except the radius.
3. Cut the two 1x2 brackets; nail each one to the inner face of a post, centering it side to side and with its top end 1-1/2 inches from the angled cut.
4. Create pointed tips for each of the 1x2 trellis uprights with 45-degree cuts, then cut the uprights to length.
5. Crosscut the 1x2 trellis rails, then nail the trellis rails and uprights together into a lattice assembly.
6. Cut the 2x4 top rail to length; position it between the posts, and drive deck screws into countersunk pilot holes.
7. Nail the lattice assembly to the brackets. Complete the assembly by cutting the roof pieces and screwing them into position.
8. Make the arched trellis. Cut the post tops square as shown in the diagram. Join the 2x10s with glue, and use a string and a pencil to draw the radius. Cut radius with the saber saw.
9. Set trellis(es) in the ground. Dig a pair of 28-inch-deep holes for each trellis. Pour four inches of crushed rock into the bottom of each hole to provide drainage. Set one trellis in each hole and fill in with soil, tamping the dirt down to hold the trellis in place.