Deck Planters with Trellis
These rustic planters add charm to any deck or patio.
What You Need:
- Two shades of yellow latex paint
- 16-ounce plastic measuring cup
- Two plastic mixing buckets
- Two wooden tub planters
- Disposable paintbrushes
- Potting soil
- Six 6-foot bamboo sticks
- Summer vines
- Four 3- to 4-foot bamboo sticks
- Hot-glue gun
- Glue sticks
1. Dilute paint with water in proportion of 1/3 paint to 2/3 water. Paint individual boards on the tub with alternating colors. Allow to dry.
2. Fill with potting soil. Evenly space three 6-foot bamboo sticks in each tub. Secure at the top with rope. Create horizontal elements by cutting smaller bamboo sticks and attaching with raffia and hot glue.
3. Plant with fast-growing summer vines.