The front of this creative card hints at the surprise inside: a miniature clothesline hung with a load of patterned hearts. The tiny clothespins, available at crafts stores, are too delicate to mail, so deliver this one by hand.
1. Score and fold a 7-x-10-1/2-inch piece of card stock in half using a scoring tool and a ruler. Fold against the ruler and run a bone folder up and down the back of the paper to flatten the fold. (If you don't have a scoring tool or a bone folder, use a butter knife.) Score and fold a 5/16-inch-wide flap on both sides of the inside of the card.
2. Attach string to the inside of the card by sandwiching an end in the right flap. Close the flap with 1-1/4-inch double-stick tape. Punch a small hole on the fold of the left flap and thread the string through. Close the flap with double-stick tape.
3. Secure string at the back of the card with a heart-shape sticker.
4. Punch hearts from decorative papers and clip them onto the string with miniature clothespins. Editor's tip: Most paper and scrapbook supply stores allow customers to use the store's punches on paper purchased at the shop.
5. The inside of this completed card reveals the clothesline holding patterned hearts, a perfect way to drop a line to someone you love.