We used a computer to create this invitation, but you could use a typewriter or hand-lettering instead.
(for each invitation)
1. Print wording. Type and center the words "It's Time to Celebrate! 2002." Space down approximately 3 inches, and type the party specifics. Print a test sample to check the spacing. Text should fit in a space approximately 4-1/2 inches long, including the space in the center.Print on translucent paper.
2. Trim printed sheet to size. Use a rotary cutter and metal ruler to trim the printed sheet into a 4-1/2 x 6-inch rectangle, centering the text with the first line 1-1/8 inches from the top edge.
3. Tie printed sheet to card stock using ribbon. Center the printed sheet on turquoise card stock. Use a crafts knife to make 2 vertical slits, 1/4 inch long, through both layers of paper; the slits should be 3/4 inch apart and 1/2 inch from the top edge of the card stock. Thread ribbon ends through slits from back to front; tie ribbon in a bow. Trim ribbon tails at an angle.
4. Add small envelope. Glue the front of the open turquoise envelope between the words on the front of the invitation.
5. Add stars to card. Use a wire cutter to remove loops from star charms. Glue on star charms and confetti or stickers, referring to photo for placement.
6. Add ribbon curls. Cut an 8-inch piece of curling ribbon. Holding one end securely, run the underside of the ribbon along one scissor edge to curl. Insert curls in envelopes, trimming as desired. Remove each curl; place a tiny drop of glue on end. Return to envelope and press to secure.
Bring a touch of whimsy to the table with noisemakers to match your decor.
1. Wrap noisemakers in colored construction paper, using 1 sheet per noisemaker. Tape to secure.
2. Overwrap noisemakers with art paper. Tape to secure.
3. Add fringe. Using half a sheet of construction paper, cut fringe to about 1 inch from one long edge. Roll uncut edge around wide end of noisemaker and tape to secure.
4. Place noisemakers in a large vase or bowl and use as a centerpiece. Distribute 1 to each guest near midnight.
At the end of your celebration, present each guest with a small gift tin filled with sweets -- to be savored on the way home, or saved for another day.
(for each tin)
1. Affix colored card stock to lid of tin. Apply the mounting adhesive to the wrong side of the card stock. Center the card stock, adhesive-side down, on lid of the tin; press in place with fingers.
2. Fill tin with small candies as desired. Place lid on tin.
3. Add ribbon. Center a 2-inch piece of double-stick tape on the bottom of the tin. Center ribbon on the tape. Wrap the ribbon around the tin, and tie it in a bow. Using scissors, trim ribbon tails.