<p>Mother's Day means one thing: treating mom! From breakfast in bed to a DIY spa kit, we've got everything you need to pamper your mom on her special day. Pie, included!</p>
1. Rise and shine to a good old-fashioned breakfast in bed. Start with mom-osas (mimosas), then look to cutout toast to make her eggs truly sunny-side up! Little bowls of chopped-up toppings, such as bacon, tomatoes, and cheese, let her top as she pleases.
2. Hit the great outdoors, whether it's biking to your favorite brewery or perusing the local farmer's market for the perfect bouquet. Better yet: Opt for a packet of flower seeds to plant and grow together. You can start a tradition of planting a new bloom every year. Peonies, please!
3. Puh-lease! You didn't think we'd forget shopping, did you? Take Mom to each of her favorite stores, treating her to one item of choice. But first: lattes.
4. Have a picnic lunch. Pack up the quilt and basket and head to the neighborhood's best park. Keep things nice and light with classics like pasta salad, wraps, and fresh fruit. The ultimate ending to your alfresco lunch? Mini individual pies in peach, apple, banana cream, chocolate silk, and more! Don't waste time in the kitchen—grab a Marie Callender's pie from the freezer and enjoy more time with Mom. Can't choose a flavor? Try one of each for a taste test in the park.
5. Set up an at-home wine tasting on your patio or deck for a relaxing happy hour in the sun. Make things really fancy with meat and cheese pairings or a full-on charcuterie tray. Brie and Chardonnay are a must!
6. Upstage a day at the spa with a DIY kit she can enjoy right at home. Think foot scrubs, nail polish, a soft robe, face masks, and bath bombs. Want to really impress her? Throw in a bottle or two of her favorite essential oils.
7. Write a card. Even with an elaborate day planned, nothing is as sweet as saying thank-you in your own words. Brownie points if you made it yourself.
8. Shake things up with a cocktail (or mocktail) inspired by Mom. Whether she's fun and fruity like a margarita or classy like a Manhattan, she'll love the thoughtfulness of a personalized drink.
9. A make-ahead casserole eases dinner prep. Go with Florentine lasagna or feisty verde enchiladas—either way, Mom is always down for a home-cooked casserole. Surprise her by using one of her very own recipes, perhaps a favorite of hers you ate while growing up. Leftover pie? Turn it into shakes or sundaes-in-a-jar for a super sweet ending.
10. Nothing brings back sweet memories like home videos. Give Mom the ultimate gift of turning old tapes into one compiled disc that you can watch together. Just don't forget the popcorn!