1. Cut a length of elastic cord to about 10 inches (for each bracelet or napkin ring).
2. Knot 1 end of the cord so that the first bead applied will stay when threaded.
3. Add beads. String on 3 green beads, 1 black, then 3 red. Repeat the pattern until the beads fit around your wrist. Continue with pattern to cover elastic, leaving 1 inch to tie the ring together.
4. Knot the ends together.
5. Tie on the tassel at the knotted end.
6. Add finishing touches. Cut the elastic cord close and string the end into the beads out of sight.