Store picnic treats or utensils in this cheery hand-stenciled box.
2. Base-coat the lid and base Dunes using the sponge brush. Let dry. Base-coat the lid rim Charcoal Green. Let dry. Working on the lid, position the first watermelon on the lower right side of the lid, over-lapping the rim. Stencil the rind Charcoal Green and the flesh Paprika. Stencil the seeds Basic Black.
3. Stencil a watermelon on a piece of crafts paper and cut it out. Use this cutout to cover the first watermelon. Position the second watermelon on the left side of the lid behind the first watermelon. Stencil the second watermelon. Darken the edge of the stencil where it meets the cutout to create depth and dimension.
4. Position and stencil the third watermelon on the upper right side of the lid. Stencil a few loose seeds near the watermelon. Cover each watermelon in turn with the cutout, and stencil a shadow with Basic Black. Stencil the stars on the lid Charcoal Green and the stars on the rim Dunes.
5. To decorate the base, first place masking tape in 2-inch-wide strips diagonally around the base. Paint the unmasked areas Paprika. Let dry. Remove the masking tape. Mask off the Paprika stripes, and stencil the stars with Charcoal Green, positioning the stars so they appear to be placed behind the stripes. Let dry. Remove the mask from the stripes.
6. Apply a light spray finish. Let dry. Use the sponge brush to apply the antiquing color and wipe it off with a clean cotton rag. Apply a second coat of spray finish.