Finished size: 11-1/2 x 18-1/2 inches.
What You Need:
- Two 9-1/2-inch completed unfinished Stars and Stripes quilt blocks in coordinating colors.
All seam allowances are 1/4 inch wide.
Cut the Fabric:
From blue print, cut:
- Two 1-3/4 x 18-1/2-inch strips for borders
- Two 2 x 42-inch strips for binding
From red print, cut:
- One 12- x 19-inch rectangle for back
2. Sew two blocks together with the stars on the outside edges. Sew one 1-1/2 x 18-1/2-inch strip to top of place mat and one to bottom of place mat.
3. Layer the top, batting, and back together; baste. Quilt as desired. (The maker of the place mat shown outline-quilted around the small star blocks and stripes.) Finish place mat with binding. Sew a gold star button in center of each star.