1. Fold a 40-inch piece of wire in half. Starting at one point of the star, bend the wire around the cookie cutter to form the star outline. When the wire meets, twist to secure.
2. Straighten the ends of the wire and trim them with wire cutters to make them an even length.
3. Insert the trimmed ends into the chuck on an electric drill and tighten the chuck. Hold the wire taut and rotate the drill until the wire is twisted to the desired tightness.
4. Loosen the chuck and remove the wire. Trim the ends again.
5. Carefully remove the star from the cookie cutter. Spray-paint the star. Let the paint dry.