Fourth of July Fireworks Craft for Kids
Get your kids into the patriotic spirit with these crafty fireworks made from chenille stems and glitter.
- Chenille stems in red, white, and blue
- Crafts glue
- Glitter in red, white, and blue
- Thick sponge
- Clear thread (optional)
How to Make It
For one firework you will need six chenille stems in the same color.
1. Cut the stems in half.
2. Dip approximately 1/2 inch of both ends of each stem in crafts glue, then submerge tips in a small bowls of colored glitter. Lay the stems on a thick sponge to dry.
3. Gather 11 stems together into a pile. Twist the 12th stem around the others. Bend and flare the stems to resemble a firework.
4. Tie a length of thin clear thread onto the firework and hang (optional).