Tools and Materials
- Patterned cloud paper: 12-x-12-inch sheet and 3-1/4-x-6-1/4-inch rectangle
- Card stock: 3-3/4-x-6-3/4-inch and 2-1/4-x-1-7/8-inch rectangles of light turquoise, 4-x-7-inch and 3-1/2-x-8-1/2-inch rectangles of medium turquoise, and scraps of yellow
- Glue stick
- Dark turquoise velvet cording
- 8 silver pearl decorative nail heads
- Crafts glue
- Nine 1-1/4-inch-long aqua bugle beads
- Clear quilting thread
- Sharp needle
- Small daisy-shaped paper punch
- Envelope template
Print your invitation to fit a 2-1/4-x-2-7/8-inch area on the 3-1/4-x-6-1/4-inch cloud rectangle so the type is centered and the top line is 3 1/4 inches below the top edge of the paper. Center and glue the printed rectangle on the 3-3/4-x-6-3/4-inch light turquoise rectangle.
Glue the 2-1/4-x-1-7/8-inch light turquoise rectangle on the front of the invitation centered in the area above the text. Create a border around the small light turquoise rectangle and the printed rectangle with velvet cording. Attach the cording at the corners of the rectangles with decorative nailheads, making a tiny hole at one corner of each rectangle and pulling the cording ends to the back. Glue the cording ends in place.
For the candles, position the nine bugle beads side by side on the small light turquoise rectangle; sew in place through all layers using clear quilting thread. For the flames, punch two daisy shapes from yellow card stock. Cut off the petals and glue one above each candle. Center and glue the invitation front onto the 4-x-7-inch medium turquoise rectangle.
To line the envelope flap, glue the 3-1/2-x-8-1/2-inch turquoise rectangle centered along one edge of the 12-x-12-inch sheet of cloud paper. Use the template to cut an envelope, adjusting its placement to make an envelope to fit the invitation. Score and fold in the flaps; glue in place.