1. All the best fruits are in season, making spring a prime time for pie. From tart rhubarb to blushing blueberries, nothing fills a pie like fresh produce. You can even play them up with edible flowers pulled straight from your garden. Lavender, anyone?
Get the Mini Blueberry Pie recipe.
2. That crust. Flaky, golden, buttery—what's not to love? Plus you can pretty it up anyway you please. Go fancy with cut-outs in the shapes of Easter eggs or bunny ears, or press your fingers along the edges for a simple crimped look.
3. You can put chocolate in it. Now who could argue with that? Try it French silk-style or baked with your favorite peanut butter cup candies—either way, no chocolate lover will be able to resist a craveable chocolaty pie dessert.
Get the Frozen Peanut Butter Pie recipe.
4. Super sweet treats not your thing? No problem. Keep things tart with classic key lime or sassy lemon meringue. The lip-puckering filling is the perfect pairing to a cloudlike meringue topping. Toss on lemon slices or rind shavings for a zesty garnish.
Get the Lemon Icebox Pie recipe.
5. You don't need a pie pan to whip up a pie. Use a cookie sheet to shape crust into a slab pie, or ditch the pan altogether and bust out the slow cooker. That's right! Place the crust inside then pour in the filling and let your slow cooker do all the work. Ahh, holiday bliss.
6. You can top it any way you like. Whipped cream, vanilla bean ice cream, salted caramel drizzle—you name it and they've got you covered, literally.
Get the Salted Caramel Apple Pie recipe.
7. Pie can never (really) be dry, unlike its main holiday competitor (cake). The best pies are oozing with sugar-laced fillings. And don't even get us started when the silky ice cream settles in.
Get the Cherry Berry Pie recipe.
9. Pie making brings the whole family together. From cutting up fruit and rolling the dough to devouring the final slice, there's a way for everyone to help.