Once worn by only the truly edgy or the super young, this color has gone mainstream. Like any bold hue, blue looks best on short nails with neat, well-moisturized cuticles, says Beth Fricke, a manicurist in Los Angeles.
Hesitant? Dip your toe into the trend by choosing one of these options for your next pedicure.
- OPI Nail Lacquer in Can't Find My Czechbook, $9; opi.com for salons.
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Out of the Blue, $5.59; drugstores.
- Sinful Colors in Midnight Blue, $1.99; drugstores.
- Essie Nail Color in Butler Please, $8; essie.com.
- Duality Cosmetics Nail-Pak in Marina, $15; dualitycosmetics.com.
- DermElect Cosmeceuticals Peptide-Infused Nail Treatment in Above It, $14; dermelect.com.