Recipes and Cooking Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Egg Recipes for Breakfast Ham & Egg Breakfast Sandwich Be the first to rate & review! Spend an afternoon meal-prepping these delicious grab-and-go sandwiches to help keep you satisfied all week. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on March 29, 2023 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Kelsey Hansen Prep Time: 20 mins Total Time: 50 mins Servings: 12 Yield: 6 Jump to Nutrition Facts Never skip breakfast again with these easy grab-and-go sandwiches. Packed with protein, the eggs, ham, and spinach in this tasty breakfast will get your day off to a great start. Just take one straight from the freezer and pop it in the microwave for a few minutes, and you'll have a toasty, gooey sandwich for your morning commute. If you've made this recipe a few times already and feel like mixing it up, you've got plenty of options. Substitute the gouda for a new type of cheese or switch the ham out for some crispy bacon. Our breakfast sandwich recipe is versatile, no matter what flavors you're feeling this week. While it may seem easier to just buy a box of breakfast sandwiches from the store, they may be higher in added sugars and preservatives. When you make your own breakfast egg sandwich recipe, you have the benefit of knowing exactly what went into it. If you're hooked on meal prep but want to try something different, check out one of these 9 Overnight Grain Recipes. On the other hand, if you find yourself with a little extra time in the morning but don't want it all to go to cooking, get out your pressure cooker and give this Blueberry French Toast Casserole a try. Whatever you end up craving for breakfast, we've got you covered. Ingredients 12 eggs ½ cup half-and-half or milk 1 5-oz. package of baby spinach 6 rolls, pieces of focaccia, or ciabatta rolls 6 Tbsp. basil pesto or dried tomato pesto 12 slices gouda or provolone cheese 8 oz. sliced ham Directions Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, taking care to not create holes in the foil. Coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. In a blender combine eggs, half-and-half, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper; cover and blend until combined. Add spinach; cover and blend until just chopped. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake until eggs are just set, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool eggs in pan 5 minutes. Using foil, lift egg mixture from pan from pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Cut eggs into six portions. Split focaccia pieces in half horizontally. Spread cut sides with pesto and fill with egg portions, cheese, and ham, if using. Cut sandwiches in half. Wrap sandwiches in parchment or plastic wrap, then wrap in foil. Chill up to 5 days or freeze up to 1 month. To reheat, remove foil and plastic wrap (if used). Wrap sandwich halves in parchment or waxed paper. Microwave on high until heated through, 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, turning every 45 seconds. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 299 Calories 20g Fat 10g Carbs 20g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 12 Calories 299.2 % Daily Value * Total Fat 19.6g 25% Saturated Fat 8.4g 42% Cholesterol 235.8mg 79% Sodium 628.7mg 27% Total Carbohydrate 10.2g 4% Dietary Fiber 1g 3% Total Sugars 1.8g Protein 20.5g Vitamin D 1.3mcg 7% Vitamin C 3.7mg 18% Calcium 299.7mg 23% Iron 2.1mg 12% Potassium 283.3mg 6% Fatty acids, total trans 0.1g Vitamin D 53.6IU Alanine 0.9g Arginine 1.1g Ash 3.2g Aspartic acid 1.7g Caffeine 0mg Carotene, alpha 0mcg Choline, total 175.6mg Copper, Cu 0.1mg Cystine 0.3g Energy 1252.4kJ Fluoride, F 0.9mcg Folate, total 64mcg Glutamic acid 3.9g Glycine 0.7g Histidine 0.7g Isoleucine 1g Leucine 1.8g Lysine 1.7g Methionine 0.6g Magnesium, Mg 39.8mg Manganese, Mn 0.4mg Niacin 2.1mg Phosphorus, P 367.6mg Pantothenic acid 1.2mg Phenylalanine 1.1g Phytosterols 6.3mg Proline 1.6g Retinol 144.1mcg Selenium, Se 33.9mcg Serine 1.2g Starch 0g Theobromine 0mg Threonine 0.8g Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) 1.5mg Tryptophan 0.3g Tyrosine 0.9g Valine 1.3g Vitamin A, IU 1658.6IU Vitamin A, RAE 203mcg Vitamin B-12 1mcg Vitamin B-6 0.2mg Vitamin K (phylloquinone) 65.1mcg Water 89.4g Zinc, Zn 2.5mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.