Sometimes baking just isn't on the to-do list for fright night. We looked for a still-adorable solution to feed a party full of hungry ghouls and gals, and discovered that a favorite bakery, Georgetown Cupcake (maybe you've seen them on "DC Cupcakes" or wandered by their stores in L.A., NYC, Boston, Atlanta, Maryland, or, of course, Georgetown), has a spooky-sweet batch of Halloween cupcakes ready to deliver to your doorstep. A click through their drool-inducing website put us face-to-face with the Trick or Treat Dozen.
We ordered three dozen for our hungry "Better Homes and Gardens" coworkers to see if the cupcakes taste as good as they look. (Spoiler: Yep.)
Cupcake Delivery Day
They've arrived! Stacked-high pink boxes come to the front desk, and the excitement builds instantly.
Inside, the treats are smartly wrapped with ice plus bubble wrap. And those tricky Georgetown bakers stuck a discreet lollipop stick into the frosting to anchor the bubble-designed plastic boxes so the cupcakes stayed put during their multistate commute.
Squeal! They're so cute! Among the 12 Halloween flavors, the staff especially love:
- Pumpkin Spice ("So satisfying. One feels just right.")
- Chocolate Salted Caramel ("Love it.")
- Lava Fudge, Chocolate Toffee Crunch ("Good flavor balance; not too chocolaty.")
- Red Velvet ("A classic done well. Best with a spoon.")
- Vanilla M&M ("I really like this one! The M&Ms are melty and fun.")
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with a graham cracker crust ("Seems really special. A cupcake flavor you can't get just anywhere.")
- Peanut Butter Fudge ("So wonderfully dense.")
A Chocolate Salted Caramel closeup.
This one is straight-up delicious chocolate with an adorable sugar ghost.
The cupcakes look so cute when plated for instant oohs and aahs.
Price is a consideration, and the group agrees that a kids' Halloween party wouldn't be the place for these high-end flavors. You'll pay $35 a dozen, plus $20 for the overnight shipping. At around $4.50 per cupcake, these would make a special adult Halloween party treat.