7 Adorably Decorated Fall Cupcakes
Pie may dominate most fall dessert spreads, but here's a case for fall cupcakes instead. Whether you're celebrating Halloween and need a frightful graveyard treat or hosting a general fall soiree and want a pumpkin-shape cupcake dessert, we've got you covered. On Thanksgiving day, may we recommend turkey cupcakes for the kids' table?
- Frost your favorite cupcake.
- Attach a chocolate kiss to a mini vanilla wafer with a dab of chocolate frosting.
- Add a mini chocolate chip to the top of the vanilla wafer.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make two acorns.
- Stick acorns into the cupcake frosting.
- Attach five pieces of candy corn to a striped cookie using chocolate frosting.
- Attach a mini peanut butter cup in the same manner.
- On top of the peanut butter cup, add a red candy piece for the turkey's face, a yellow candy-coated sunflower seed for the wattle, and mini chocolate chips for eyes.
- Frost your cupcake and place the cookie on top.
- Use chocolate frosting to cover a cupcake.
- Add green sprinkles and chocolate rocks.
- Write "RIP" on a mini wooden stick and insert into cupcake.
- Frost cupcake with white frosting.
- Add chocoalte rocks and pretzel sticks to build the firelike base.
- Trim red fruit leather to look like flames; weave into pretzel sticks.
- Toast two mini marshmallows and push onto a toothpick. Insert toothpick into cupcake.
- Frost cupcake with cream-color frosting.
- Add a yellow sandwich cookie to the top of the cupcake.
- Top with a small dollop of red jam.
- Pipe four lines of cream-color frosting to create the piecrust look on top of the jam.
- Line three cupcakes in a row and frost them all as one.
- Pile on jelly beans to look like corn kernels.
- If desired, prop with dried cornstalks for the full look.
- Use orange frosting to attach a mini chocolate doughnut to a chocolate cupcake.
- Use orange frosting to completely cover the doughnut and the top of the cupcake.
- Dip the cupcake in orange-color sugar.
- Use a toothpick to press a few lines into the top of the cupcake.
- Insert a broken pretzel stick into the top of the cupcake as a pumpkin stem.