What You'll Need:
- Cat and mouse patterns
- Straight pins
- A clean pumpkin
- Pen or pencil
- Black paint or black paint pen
- Fine-tip paintbrush
continue reading below
- Print our free patterns, available below, and cut out.
- Pin each template to a pumpkin with straight pins to hold it in place.
- Trace around the silhouette with a pen or pencil, then remove the pattern.
- Using a paintbrush and black paint, fill in the outline of your silhouette. Go over smaller details, such as the cat's tail, with a fine-tip brush.
- Let the painted pumpkin dry for at least 30 minutes before placing outside.