Make a Pumpkin Tower
Pumpkin towers are the perfect Halloween pumpkin decoration. Stack pumpkins and gourds to spell words for a cute Halloween decoration trick-or-treaters will love, or decorate your pumpkin decor to match your own style.
How to Make It
1. Start with pumpkins in graduated sizes. We like the look of using 3-5 pumpkins total.
2. Draw an easily visible letter on each pumpkin using black and silver permanent markers, or create your own design. Set up a galvanized container and a stake, sized to provide a secure base for the totem. Anchor the pot by filling it with sand.
3. Cut small entry holes in the bottoms of the pumpkins and remove the stems to make it easier to stack them on the stake and form the totem.
Make Magical Allium Wands
- Magically transform allium (ornamental onion) seed heads from the garden in four quick steps. Gather floral spray paint, spray adhesive, glitter, and a can of spray polyurethane sealant.
- Start by applying spray paint in the color of your choice.
- Once it dries, spray on the adhesive, and then immediately dust the allium heads with glitter.
- Spray on the sealant to protect it. Note: Do this project outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
- Among the smallest of pumpkins, 'Baby Boo' and 'Sweet Lightning' make ghostly torches that resemble levitating luminaries. Use a melon baller to hollow the fruits.
- Then perforate them with a drill.
- Use two fender washers (1/8 x 3/4 inch) and a threaded nail help hold a tea light inside each little lantern and support its balancing act atop a bamboo stake.