1. Cut the stem out of the small pumpkin, cutting the circle about 1-1/2 inches from the stem. Scoop out the insides. Using the photo for inspiration, cut two eyes high enough to fit the marbles. Cut out the nose and mouth. Cut two ear shapes from the pumpkin skin around the stem. Cut the stem off the large pumpkin without cutting through the pumpkin skin.
2. In a well-ventilated work area, spray-paint the pumpkins and the ear shapes black. Do not spray directly into the openings for the cat's eyes, mouth, and nose.
3. Hot-glue the marbles to the wide ends of toothpicks. Let dry. Push two toothpicks into the bottoms of the ear shapes.
4. Push the ears into place on the head. Push the marble eyes into place.
5. Use an ice pick to poke three holes on each side of the nose opening for whiskers. Cut six 6-inch-long pieces of wire for whiskers. Shape wires as desired. Poke one end of each wire into the holes made next to the nose.
6. Twist together chenille stems to make a tail. Set the tail under the large pumpkin.
7. Place a candle on top of the large pumpkin. Place the head over the candle. Tie a fabric strip or necktie around the cat's neck.