Who's that masked pumpkin? It's your carved creation, of course! Groucho glasses keep this DIY carved pumpkin cool undercover. Make your own with our free stencil!
Amuse kids and neighbors with this bespectacled and mustachioed gourd, made extra-cool with etched sunglass reflections. Etching is easy: Just peel away the pumpkin's skin within the stencil's dotted lines. To help prevent the pumpkin from breaking, we recommend etching before you carve.
1. Clean out the pumpkin by cutting a large circle in the bottom of the pumpkin and using a scoop to remove seeds and pulp. Tip: For easier carving, scrape the pumpkin flesh thinnest on the side you're planning to carve.
2. Use tape to attach the stencil pattern to the pumpkin.
3. Following the stencil lines, prick through the paper and the surface of the pumpkin with a pin. Keep pin pricks closely spaced.
4. Remove the paper stencil and use a scraper tool to etch sunglass reflections.
5. Use a thin knife to carve the pattern, cutting completely through solid lines.