Our best buddies are bearded, short, and four-legged! If you're a fan of the spunky schnauzer, proclaim it to the neighborhood with this scruffy-face pumpkin stencil. Make your own today by downloading our free stencil pattern.
When choosing a pumpkin to use for carving intricate patterns, look for pumpkins with flat sides. A flat carving surface is easier to etch and cut than a curved one, and your stencil will tape to it more easily. A flat underside is key to ensure your carved pumpkin doesn't roll away from you while carving -- or roll down the porch steps to disaster!
1. Log in to BHG.com to download and print our free schnauzer stencil pattern. Tape the printed pattern to your cleaned and scraped pumpkin.
2. Prick along the stencil lines with a pin tool, puncturing the surface of the pumpkin. Keep pin pricks tightly spaced. Remove printed pattern after transferring all lines, but keep it nearby for reference.
3. For stencil areas surrounded by dotted lines, use a scraping tool to gently peel away the surface of the pumpkin.
4. For stencil areas surrounded by solid lines, use a thin, serrated crafts knife to carve completely through the pumpkin wall, following the pin prick lines.
5. Set a lit candle inside your carved pumpkin for a pretty glow.