Ghost Face Pumpkin Stencil
If you listen closely, you can almost hear this would-be ghost murmuring, "Woo-oo… woo-oo!" Partly etched eyes and a howling mouth give this spooky pumpkin stencil his ghostly cred. Flickering candlelight adds to the eerie effect.
We like this long, vertical ghost face design on a tall pumpkin, but it looks equally spooky on shorter gourds! Resize the pattern as needed with a photocopier to fit your pumpkin. Whatever size pumpkin you choose, look for even colors and a flat carving surface for best results.
1. Log in to BHG.com to download and print the free stencil pattern.
2. Tape your printed pattern to the surface of a hollowed-out pumpkin, and use a pin tool to create pin pricks along the stencil lines.
3. Remove the stencil and etch the stencil areas within dotted lines. To etch, use a gouging tool to gently scrape off the surface of the pumpkin, revealing the lighter-colored rind underneath.
4. Carve stencil areas within solid lines, cutting completely through the wall of the pumpkin. Throw out extra pumpkin pieces.
5. Light the pumpkin's interior with an electric candle.