Dragon Pumpkin Stencil
With tongues of flickering flames spouting from this dragon's mouth (and real candle-flame flickering in the background), this spikey-headed dragon halloween decoration is an impressive addition to your outdoor Halloween decorations. Just make sure little costumed knights don't try to slay it! Make your own with our free stencil.
1. For this Halloween dragon craft, cut out the base of your pumpkin and scoop out the slimy innards. Scrape the pumpkin flesh thinnest on the side you're planning to carve; no thicker than 1" is preferable.
2. Attach your printed stencil to the pumpkin with tape. Poke along stencil lines with a pin tool, pricking into the pumpkin's surface. Keep pin pricks closely spaced.
3. Remove the stencil and etch areas within dotted lines on the printed stencil. To etch, use a scraper tool to peel off the pumpkin's top layer.
4. Carve areas within solid lines on the printed stencil.
5. Add a lit candle to your pumpkin's interior.
If this dragon pumpkin stencil's long, winding torso is too tall for your pumpkin, there's an easy fix — print out the stencil pattern, then resize it with a photocopier to fit. Or you could buy a taller pumpkin to carve your dragon and use your smaller pumpkin for pie (one of our favorite pumpkin ideas). We're certain your family wouldn't mind!