1. For this Halloween dragon craft, cut out the base of your pumpkin and scoop out the slimy innards. Scrape the pumpkin flesh thinnest on the side you're planning to carve; no thicker than 1" is preferable.
2. Attach your printed stencil to the pumpkin with tape. Poke along stencil lines with a pin tool, pricking into the pumpkin's surface. Keep pin pricks closely spaced.
3. Remove the stencil and etch areas within dotted lines on the printed stencil. To etch, use a scraper tool to peel off the pumpkin's top layer.
4. Carve areas within solid lines on the printed stencil.
5. Add a lit candle to your pumpkin's interior.
If this dragon pumpkin stencil's long, winding torso is too tall for your pumpkin, there's an easy fix — print out the stencil pattern, then resize it with a photocopier to fit. Or you could buy a taller pumpkin to carve your dragon and use your smaller pumpkin for pie (one of our favorite pumpkin ideas). We're certain your family wouldn't mind!