- Fresh pumpkins or artificial carvable pumpkins: 1 each in small, medium, and large
- Black acrylic crafts paint
- Assorted artist's paintbrushes
- Matte-finish acrylic spray varnish
- Apple corer
- 36-inch length of 1-inch-diameter wooden dowel
- Large garden urn filled with potting soil
- Floral moss
How to Make It
- Use a pencil to sketch four vertical rows of diamond shapes onto the medium-size pumpkin.
- Using an appropriate-size brush, fill in the diamond shapes with black acrylic paint; let dry.
- Apply a second coat if necessary. Let dry.
- Spray the acrylic varnish on all pumpkins and let dry.
- Use the apple corer to make holes in the tops and bottoms of the large- and medium-size pumpkins.
- Make a hole in the bottom of the small pumpkin. Insert the dowel completely through the large pumpkin, then completely through the medium pumpkin, finally placing the small pumpkin on top.
- Set the pumpkin assembly in the urn, pressing the dowel into your potting soil.
- Stuff floral moss atop and below the pumpkins.
Popular in Pumpkin Carving