- This funny fellow is all ears! Download the free stencil in the link below and carve the facial features.
- To make these elephant-size examples, saw a large gourd in half from stem to stern; securely attach each ear to the head with long, T-shaped florist's pins.
- For the eyes, pin a radish into the top of each egg-shape eye.
- Hot-glue or pin a coiled-moss-nest "hat" to the top of the pumpkin. Positioned at a rakish angle, the next makes a soft spot for a bird to perch on jumbo garlic-clove eggs.
- Purchase an artificial bird at a craft store, or make your own from a gourd with clove-studded eyes and a green onion tail (drill a small hole in the back end of the gourd and insert the head of the onion).
- To form the nose, dab red glass paint on a clear glass marble or florist's glass bubble. Let dry. Cut a hole the right size to fit the marble and insert it. When the pumpkin is lit, the nose will glow red. (NOTE: No marble? If using an electric light instead of a candle, try pinning a piece of red cellophane inside the pumpkin.)
PDF pattern for this pumpkin stencil