How to Make It
- Start by gathering a series of pumpkins and squashes, 2- to 14-inch decorative containers, a handful of tall ornamental grass plumes, branches with fall fruits (such as crabapple or viburnum), bittersweet or grapevine, and bunches of dried sage or another silvery plant.
- Turn the tomato cages upside down in the pots to form your topiary form. If it's not very stable, use duct tape to secure the tomato cage to the inside of the pot. Then fill the containers with sand to help keep them steady.
- Next, tie bunches of ornamental grass plumes to each of the pointy ends of the tomato cages.
- Carefully balance pumpkins on the top ring of the cages.
- Loosely wrap the cages with bittersweet or grapevine and decorate with bunches of dried sage and bright fruits.