What You Need
- Orange and black paper drink cups
- Orange card stock
- Orange chenille stems
- Glass beads
- Crafts knife
- Small drinking glass to fit inside paper cup
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Referring to the photograph, pencil a face design onto a cup. Insert a small drinking glass inside a traced paper drink cup.
- Using a crafts knife, carefully cut out the pattern along the lines, using the glass as support so the paper cup doesn't bend out of shape while you're cutting.
- Remove the glass.
- Trim approximately 1 inch off the top of each cup with decorative scissors, or use straight scissors to cut a design to give the ghoul a hairline.
- Insert an uncut contrasting cup inside the cut cup.
- Punch a single hole on opposite sides of the inner cup.
- Print the recipient's name onto orange card stock and cut it out.
- Punch a hole into one end of the name strip.
- Cut a 10-inch length of chenille stem and thread a bead onto each end.
- Thread the name strip onto the chenille stem and wrap the ends through the holes of the inner cup for a handle.