For every four goblin guests, set out a cutting board, apple slicer, measuring cup, measuring spoon, table knife, and these ingredients:
1. Use the apple slicer to cut the apple into slices.
2. Spread peanut butter or marshmallow creme on one cutside of 4 apple slices. Arrange the candy corn, pretzels,raisins, corn nuts, peanuts, and/or chocolate pieces onthe peanut butter to look like teeth. Top each withanother apple slice. Makes 4 snacks.
Nutrition facts per snack: 98 calories, 4 g total fat(1 g sat. fat), 0 mg. chol., 58 mg sodium, 15 g carbo., 1g. fiber, 2 g. pro.
Plan on a cutting board, table knife, microwave-safe plate, waxed paper, hot pads, and ingredients for every four goblin guests.
1. Cut each hot dog crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place the slices on a microwave-safe plate. Sprinkle toppings over the slices.
2. Cover the plate with waxed paper. Microwave on 100% (high) about 30 seconds or until warm. Remove the plate from the microwave. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition facts per serving: 104 calories, 6 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 30 mg chol., 576 mg sodium, 6 g carbo., 0 g fiber, 6 g pro.
The amount of unpopped corn you'll need varies according to the type of corn. Check the package label for hints on yield. For trick-or-treaters who knock at your door, wrap these treats in orange or clear plastic wrap.
1. In a large roasting pan keep popcorn warm in a 300 degree oven. Finely chop dried apricots; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, water, corn syrup, and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until the entire surface of the mixture boils. Continue cooking to 250 degrees (hard-ball stage), stirring frequently for 15 to 20 minutes after mixture comes to boiling.
3. Pour sugar mixture over popcorn. Immediately stir in apricots and raisins or dried cranberries until all ingredients are coated.
4. Using buttered hands, shape mixture into 4-inch-long sticks resembling ears of corn. If mixture is too firm to shape, return it to the warm oven for 1 to 2 minutes to soften. Insert a wooden stick into the end of each "ear." Serve the same day. Makes 12.