continue reading below
How to Make It
- Using the patterns below, place freezer paper, shiny side down, over the tuxedo pattern.
- Trace one pattern for each bottle tuxedo; cut out. Using an iron, press freezer-paper shape, shiny side down, onto black felt; let cool. Cut out the shape. Peel off the paper.
- Fold back the lapels along the dotted lines; glue in place. Poke a hole through one lapel. Insert the flower; secure with glue, adhering a tiny piece of black felt over the top of the stem.
- For buttons, push brads through the tuxedo and open them on the back.
- For the shirt, cut a 1/2-inch V-notch into the top center of the white felt square. Center the square behind the lapels about 1 1/2 inches down from the top; glue in place.
- For the bow tie, lay the wired ribbon flat. Fold the cut ends to the center of the ribbon. Wrap the narrow red ribbon around the center, trim excess, and secure with glue. Glue the bow tie to the shirt.
- Place the finished tuxedo around a champagne or wine bottle; overlap the short ends and secure with glue.