- Stretched artist's canvases: 14-x-18-x-1-1/2 inches and 9-x-12-x-3 inches
- Acrylic crafts paints: beige and dark brown
- Acrylic glaze medium
- Plastic wrap
- Acrylic spray sealer
- Iron-on transfer paper for computer
- Base-coat the fronts and sides of the stretched canvases with beige. Let dry.
- Mix a glaze using glaze medium and dark brown acrylic paint.
- Brush the glaze over the canvas, then, while it's still wet, dab the canvas with a crumpled piece of plastic wrap to create the effect of crinkled parchment.
- Leave the corners and edges darker than the center. Let dry.
- Spray with sealer.
- Use a computer and word-processing software to set up and print the lettering onto computer iron-on transfer paper.
- Iron the lettering transfer onto the signs following the manufacturer's instructions.
Popular in Outdoor Decorations
All Topics in Outdoor Decorations