- Serrated knife
- 1-1/2-inch-thick plastic-foam planks
- Gray spray paint
- Black acrylic paint
- 11-inch tall wooden cross
- Faux-stone spray paint
- Glue for plastic foam
- Floral spray paint
How to Make It
- Using a serrated knife, cut tombstones from the plastic-foam planks, referring to the photos for design inspiration. (Ours measure about 18 x 30 inches.)
- For the "Help Me!" tombstone: Spray-paint the tombstone gray, leaving some of the white foam unpainted to further distress the piece.
- Lightly spray the tombstone, using both colors of granite spray paint.
- Add the words with a paintbrush and black paint.
- Finish the tombstone with Glossy Woodtone, randomly spraying it over the piece.
- For the tombstone with the cross: Glue the wooden cross to the front of the foam shape. Paint the tombstone as directed above, spraying more granite paint on the cross for design emphasis.
Anatomy of a Mummy
All Topics in Outdoor Decorations