continue reading below
How to Make It
- If desired, paint the bow tie and the hat with acrylic paint in colors of your choice; let dry.
- Lay the garden stake down and cross the dowel over the top of it horizontally 12 inches down from the top of the stake.
- Wrap the joint with twine in an X pattern.
- Pound the stake into the ground.
- Push the plastic-foam ball onto the top of the stake.
- Center the sheet over the top of the ball and spread the corners over the dowel arms.
- Gather the sheet around the "neck" and tie it with twine.
- Attach the bow tie with the elastic cording, and set the hat and sunglasses in place.