This spooky look is an easy way to decorate on a budget. Instead of letting sticks clutter your yard, collect and arrange them into a fun Halloween door decoration. We used a mix of cut sticks and natural ends to add texture to the wreath.
1. Use a bowl to cut and trace a cardboard cicrcle approximately 9 inches in diameter. Cut out the center of the cardboard using a smaller bowl as a tracing guide. Adjust circle sizes for a larger or smaller wreath, keeping in mnid that attaching the sticks will add several inches in diameter.
The circle doesn't need to be perfect. The sticks will hide any uneven edges.
2. Collect sticks in various sizes and thicknesses. Cut them down to lengths varying from 3 inches to 12 inches long. Begin gluing sticks around the cardboard circle. Layer sticks with different shapes and sizes to create contrast.
3. Finish attaching the arrangement of sticks, leaving a small gap for the ribbon. Tie ribbon or twine around the cardboard circle to create a hanging loop.
4. Stretch faux spider webbing in a thin layer over the sticks, adding more webbing to areas where the cardboard shows through the sticks.
5. Tuck plastic spiders or other critters into the web for a spooky finsihing touch. Try adding other creepy critters to the wreath. Attach faux worms, mice, or birds to the wreath with hot glue.
Try making a spooky halloween wreath.