- Plastic cauldrons: one large and one medium
- Flowerpot saucer the same diameter as the large cauldron opening
- Aluminum foil
- 2 cans of spray-foam insulation for large cracks (We used Great Stuff.)
- Assorted rubber critters such as toads, lizards, rats, and bats
- Plastic eyeballs
- Crafts knife
- Lime-green acrylic crafts paint and paintbrush
How to Make It
- For the large cauldron, line the saucer with aluminum foil.
- Spray foam insulation into the tray until it is just a little more than full.
- Let the wet foam set up for about 10 minutes to form the "bubbling brew," and then insert rubber critters and plastic eyes as desired.
- On a separate sheet of aluminum foil, spray small blobs of the foam insulation. Use these blobs as decorative "drips" to glue on around the edge of the large cauldron.
- For the medium cauldron, cut a hole large enough for the cauldron to lie flat on its side.
- Protect a flat working surface with aluminum foil and lay the cauldron on its side.
- Spray foam insulation into the container, letting the foam extend beyond the opening to create a "spill." Let all foam insulation dry for 36 hours to cure.
- After the foam in the saucer has completely set, remove the foam from the saucer and peel off the foil.
- Set the "bubbling brew" into the opening of the large cauldron.
- Trim to fit using a crafts knife.
- Peel the foil from the underside of the medium cauldron's "spill."
- Paint all areas of the "bubbling brew" with a wash of lime-green paint and water. Avoid painting the critters.
- Add more critters on the surface of the brew if desired.
Popular in Outdoor Halloween Decorations & Yard DecoratingPrev Next
All Topics in Outdoor Halloween Decorations & Yard Decorating