1. Cut a large hole in the bottom of a large cardboard box for the child's lower body to the top front and back of the box. Make two 1-inch slits 10 inches apart.
2. Slide and knot ribbons through the slits to make two shoulder straps.
3. Glue poster board around the sides of the box, and trim it to look like a French-fry box.
4. With colored paper, make a design to glue to the front and sides.
5. To make the French fries, cut a 12-inch length of brown wrapping paper, and glue one end of it to the bottom of an opened lunch bag.
6. Glue both sides of the paper together so you end up with a very large paper "fry." Repeat this step to make eight fries.
7. Loosely stuff the gas with newspaper.
8. Brush them with orange and yellow paint.
9. To assemble everything, glue three French fries, bag side up, to the inside back of the box. Cut the remaining fries to fit around the child, and glue them to the sides of the box.