1. Download the ear, tail, and nose patterns, and the tummy pattern closest to your child's size.
2. Using the tummy patterns, cut the pieces from white or pink dot chenille. Turn all edges under 1/8 inch, and either topstitch or use fabric glue to hold the edges in place.
3. Using a narrow zigzag stitch on your sewing machine, topstitch the outside edges of the tummy pieces to the front of the sweatshirt. Overlap the right front bib piece over the zipper, and topstitch inside the zipper edge. Adhere self-adhesive hook-and-loop tape inside the zipper cover flap (on the opposite side of the zipper from your topstitch).
4. Using the ear patterns, cut four outer ear pieces from grey velveteen and two inner ear pieces from white or pink dot chenille. Topstitch or glue one pink or white inner ear to the center of one gray outer ear piece. With right sides together, sew one chenille-topped, outer ear piece and one plain gray piece together, leaving a 1/2-inch opening. Turn right side out through the opening. Repeat to make a second ear.
5. Referring to the photo for placement, hand-sew the ears to the top of the sweatshirt hood.
6. Using the tail pattern, cut the tail from gray velveteen. With right sides together, sew the long edges of the tail together. Turn right side out and stuff with polyester fiberfill. Hand-sew the tail to the lower back of the sweatshirt.
7. Using the top nose and the bottom nose patterns, cut the pieces from pink felt. Cut the teeth from white felt using the patterns. With right sides facing, sew the nose pieces together to make a cone.
8. Cut six 3-1/2-inch lengths from black cord, knot one end of each piece, then use a needle to thread the pieces through the nose as indicated by the circles on the top nose pattern for the whiskers. Wrap the felt tab around the bridge of the sunglasses, and glue or hand-sew it in place. Glue a pom-pom to the end of the nose.
9. For the girl mouse, cut a 2-1/2x30-inch length from gray velveteen for the ruffle around the hood. Fold the piece in half lengthwise with right sides facing; then use a gathering foot on your sewing machine to create a ruffle. If you don¿t have a gathering foot, use fabric glue to hold gathers in place. Sew or glue the ruffle to the inside edge of the hood, trimming the excess at the ends if necessary. Tie short lengths of pink ribbon around the ears and the tail.