What You'll Need
- Tracing paper
- Solid-color paper: purple, orange, black
- Black crafts paint
- Stencil brush
- Star-shape stencils
- Glue stick
- Black marker
- Hot-glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Green ribbon
continue reading below
- Download the free pattern and enlarge to desired size.
- Draw the hat-shape pattern onto tracing paper, tracing once around the outside edge of the pattern, and again around the edge of the inner orange hat shape. Cut out the patterns and trace onto color paper (trace the larger pattern onto purple paper; trace the smaller pattern onto orange paper). Cut out the shapes.
- Use black paint, a star-shape stencil, and a stencil brush to stencil stars onto the orange hat shape; let dry.
- Glue the orange hat shape onto black paper; cut out, leaving a thin black border. Glue to the front of the purple hat shape.
- Trace the curved black piece from the pattern onto tracing paper; cut out. Trace around the pattern on black paper; cut out. Cut small rectangular strips of purple paper; glue to the black trim as stripes. Glue stripped black trim to the hat above the brim, referring to the pattern for placement.
- Trace the purple tag pattern onto tracing paper; cut out. Trace around the tag pattern onto purple paper; cut out. Glue to a piece of black paper; cut out leaving a black border.
- Use a black marker to write a name on the purple tag. Hot-glue the tag to the striped black trim, referring to the pattern for placement.
- Tie a ribbon into a bow; hot-glue in place (near the tag).