Two Cheap Halloween Paper Crafts
Heavy cardstock and some free patterns make quick (and cheap!) work of your Halloween decorating. Add paper leaves to lanterns to make pretty pumpkins that can serve as a Halloween centerpiece, then cut spiral snakes from cardstock and hang from the ceiling or perch on a chair for a frightfully fun Halloween craft.
Materials for Papercraft Pumpkin Decorating
- Free template
- Heavy paper
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Paper lanterns (Tip: spray-paint purchased lanterns if you can't find a color you like)
How to Make the Pumpkins
- Trace leaf template onto heavy paper. Cut out.
- Hot-glue leaves to paper lanterns, crinkling the leaves for some dimension.
Materials for Spooky Snakes
- Template for snake
- Heavy paper
- Double-stick tape
- Hole punch
How to Make the Snakes
- Trace snake head template onto heavy paper. Cut out.
- Use hole punch to punch eyes. Fold the template.
- Trace the tongue template onto heavy paper. Cut out.
- Tape tongue to snake head. Tape snake head closed.
- Cut a giant spiral from 12x12-inch paper.
- Attach snake head to the outer end of the spiral.
- Punch a hole in the inner end of the spiral to hang the snake.
How to Make the Haunted Houses
- Print house templates and trace onto black-patterned cardstock; cut out. Get the free template.
- Cut out windows, doors, and roofs using a crafts knife.
- Use a glue stick to adhere clear vellum on the inside.
- Shape houses and secure in place using a glue stick. Glue on roofs.
- Place houses over battery-operated tea lights.