What You'll Need
- Spider pattern
- A pencil
- Black crafts foam
- Red crafts foam
- Crafts-foam glue
- Crafts knife
- 3/16-inch wiggle eyes
- 1/4-inch-diameter black beads
- 3/8-inch-diameter black beads
- Straight-edge ruler
- 22-gauge wire
How to Make It
- Print the spider pattern and cut it out.
- Using a pencil, trace the outline of two spiders onto black crafts foam and one onto red crafts foam. Cut out the shapes.
- Using a sharp pencil, punch holes through the red spider at the dots indicated on the pattern.
- With a crafts knife and a straight edge, cut out the hourglass shape on one black spider.
- Cut four 16-inch lengths of 22-gauge wire.
- Thread one wire evenly through a pair of holes on the red spider, starting and stopping the wire on the same side of the spider. Repeat for all wires.
7. Using crafts-foam glue, glue the spider with the hourglass cutout on top of the red spider; glue this assembly on top of the remaining black spider. Let the glue dry.
8. Bend the legs up so they are at 90-degree angles to the spider's body. Curve the legs downward.
9. Add a 1/4-inch-diameter black bead to the end of each leg, curling the wire end into a small circle. Bend beads upward.
10. For the eyes, hot-glue 3/16-inch-wide wiggle eyes to 3/8-inch-diameter black beads; glue eyes in place.
11. To use as a drink cover instead of as a coaster, cut an X in the red hourglass area (through all layers), using a crafts knife and a cutting surface. Insert a drinking straw through the opening.