What You Need:
- Old vases, candleholders, ornate trays and picture frames, metal bowls with handles, pieces of chain, etc.
- Spray paint in pewter and black
- Decoupage medium
- Glitter in black and silver
- Silver candles
- Dry ice
1. In a ventilated work area, place items to be painted on newspapers. Spray-paint the items black. If painting a frame such as the oval one, first remove the glass. Paint one side of the glass. Let dry. Spray the items with pewter paint, allowing some of the black to show through. Let dry. Reassemble the frame. The one shown here has a pattern in the center created by the plastic backing piece showing through the glass. If your frame does not have this type of backing, cut and insert a piece of plastic canvas to achieve the effect.
2. Paint decoupage medium on the areas where glitter is desired. Sprinkle glitters onto the wet decoupage medium. Let dry. Shake off excess.
3. Arrange items on tray, adding candles and dry ice as desired.
Caution: Dry ice can cause severe burns. Always wear gloves when handling dry ice.