We've teamed up with Brit + Co to bring you a brand-new holiday video series and can-do holiday crafts. Check back all season long to watch Brit and friends create festive crafts for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
These durable and adorable treat bags put the usual grocery sacks and pillowcases to shame, plus they'll last for years. Glittering foam faces attach with hook-and-loop tape so kids can swap as often as they like. Changing out paint, glitter, and foam colors gives each bag a completely different look.
1. Tape off a simple design to be painted along the bottom edge. An asymmetrical V shape, for example, gives the cat a chin.
2. Working quickly, apply a thick layer of fabric paint to the taped-off portion using the foam brush. While paint is still wet, sprinkle on glitter of the same color. Let dry, then peel off tape.
3. Use the stencils at brit.co/stencils to trace eyes, a nose, whiskers, and a mouth on the back side of the glitter foam sheet. Cut out designs.
5. Arrange foam pieces on the bag to create a face. Press a small piece of hook-and-loop tape onto the back of each piece. Remove the backing, and press in place on bag.
6. To create a closure for the bag, attach a 2- to 3-inch strip of hook-and-loop tape in the center of the inside top edges.
Editor's Tip: Repeat on additional canvas bags using different colors to create fresh looks.