These durable and adorable treat bags put the usual grocery sacks and pillowcases to shame, plus they'll last for years. Glittering foam faces attach with hook-and-loop tape so kids can swap as often as they like. Changing out paint, glitter, and foam colors gives each bag a completely different look.
1. Tape off a simple design to be painted along the bottom edge. An asymmetrical V shape, for example, gives the cat a chin.
2. Working quickly, apply a thick layer of fabric paint to the taped-off portion using the foam brush. While paint is still wet, sprinkle on glitter of the same color. Let dry, then peel off tape.
3. Use the stencils at brit.co/stencils to trace eyes, a nose, whiskers, and a mouth on the back side of the glitter foam sheet. Cut out designs.
5. Arrange foam pieces on the bag to create a face. Press a small piece of hook-and-loop tape onto the back of each piece. Remove the backing, and press in place on bag.
6. To create a closure for the bag, attach a 2- to 3-inch strip of hook-and-loop tape in the center of the inside top edges.
Editor's Tip: Repeat on additional canvas bags using different colors to create fresh looks.