Friendly Vampire and Witch Halloween Treat Bags
Colored paper bags transform into friendly Halloween characters with a few supplies you'll likely have at home. These DIY halloween treat bags are perfect for parties or trick-or-treating.
Colored paper treat bags easily transform into friendly Halloween characters with just cardstock paper, scissors, and glue. Here we went with white paper bags for vampires and green paper bags for witches, but feel free to use other bag colors as well for an array of adorable monsters and creatures. There's no right or wrong way to make these friendly faces -- just cut and paste paper however you want to create your character's look!
For small children, it may be a good idea to precut the paper pieces ahead of time and have them glue and draw facial features on their own.
Vampire Treat Bag Materials
- White paper bag (with handles)
- Cardstock: black, brown, pink
- Markers: black and red
- White glue
How to Make It
- Cut black cardstock into two triangular shapes to create a cape. Also cut small circles from the black cardstock for eyes.
- Cut the brown cardstock to look like hair.
- Cut two circles from the pink cardstock to look like rosy cheeks.
- Arrange all the cardstock pieces on the bag and secure with white glue.
- Use a black marker to draw nose, mouth and fangs. Use a red marker to make a ribbon tie for the cape.
Witch Treat Bag Materials
- Green paper bag (with handles)
- Cardstock: black, purple, pink
- Black marker
- White glue
How To Make It
- Cut two wide strips from the black cardstock to create the witch's hair. Also cut two small circles from the black cardstock for eyes as well as a slightly larger circle for the witch's chin mole.
- Cut two circles from the pink cardstock for rosy cheeks. Also use the pink cardstock to make the witch's lips.
- Arrange all the cardstock pieces on the bag and glue down.
- Make a nose and smile with a black marker on the bag.
- With the purple cardstock, cut out a pointed witch's hat. Embellish it with a strip of black cardstock and glue down to the witch's hair.