What You Need:Think of other crazy and creative ways to decorate these bowls.
- 8-inch-high round fishbowl
- Crepe paper streamers in orange, yellow, and black
- Pinking shears
- Glossy decoupage medium
- Black glass paint
- Pencil with round eraser
- Three black chenille stems
- Pony beads in black, yellow, and orange
1. Wash and dry the fishbowl. Cut the streamers into squares and strips using pinking shears. Cut one-third of each roll to start.
2. Working on small sections at a time, paint decoupage medium on the inside of the fishbowl. Press crepe paper pieces onto decoupage medium and smooth out with a paintbrush. Change colors and overlap pieces as desired. When the entire inside of the fishbowl is covered with crepe paper pieces, apply a coat of decoupage medium over the entire inside surface. Let dry.
3. To add black polka dots to the outside of the fishbowl, dip the eraser of a pencil into paint and dot onto the surface. Let dry.
4. Twist the ends of the chenille stems together to form a longer piece. Thread a black pony bead on one end and twist the chenille stem to secure it. Continue adding pony beads, alternating the orange and yellow with black. Secure a black bead on the end. Wrap the beaded piece around the top of the fishbowl and twist to secure.
5. Set a potted plant in the fishbowl planter.
1. Wash and dry the fishbowl. Avoid touching the areas to be painted. To add polka dots, dip the eraser of the pencil into paint and dot onto the surface. Wash off the eraser before changing colors. Let the paint dry. Bake the painted piece in the oven if instructed by the paint manufacturer.
2. To make the chenille stem "beads," wrap each chenille stem tightly around a pencil. Remove pencil. You will need approximately 13 black "beads" and 4 of each other color.
3. Twist three black chenille stems together to make a longer piece. Insert one end through the loop in a jingle bell. Twist to secure. Beginning with a black chenille stem "bead," thread it onto the straight piece. Continue threading on "beads," alternating the colors with black. End with black and attach the remaining jingle bell.
4. Wrap the beaded length around the top of the fishbowl. Twist to secure, leaving 6 beads on each tail. Twist tails to form a bow.
1. Wash and dry the fishbowl.
2. Using small adhesive letters, spell out, "Take One If You Dare" across the top front of the fishbowl, curving as necessary. Spell, "Boo!" at the bottom front. Use large letters to spell "Beware" across the center of the fishbowl front.
3. Glue a spider inside the fishbowl next to the word "Boo." Let dry.
4. Use a small piece of web and wrap it around the fishbowl. Place a rubber band around the rim to hold web in place. Trim the excess from the top. Tie a ribbon around the rim. Place spiders in the web as desired.