NOTE: Paint colors are referred to by their initials in the instructions. Keep this list handy while working on your project. Each paints initials are in parenthesis following its name: Dazzling Metallics Ice Blue (IB), Citrus Green (CG), Ocean Blue (OB), Snow White (W), Bright Green (BG), Tangelo Orange (T), Lamp Black (B), Bright Orange (O), Pansy Lavender (P).
1. Download the free bat pattern.
2. Trace bats onto lime and purple crafts foam. Cut out a plastic template from the plastic lid for the eyes and ears. Using the template, trace eyes and ears details onto the crafts-foam bats.
3. For the purple bats: Shade around all edges of the cutout with IB. Base-coat the eyes with CG and the ears with OB mixed with W. Let dry; repeat base coat, if necessary. Shade the left side of each eye with BG and shade each ear with IB. Freehand draw the mouth and fangs with T or CG. Using the end of your paintbrush, dot the eyes with B. Let dry. Apply varnish over the eyes and ears.
4. For the green bats: Shade around all edges with of the cutout BG. Base-coat the eyes with O and the ears with OB mixed with P. Let dry; repeat base coat, if necessary. Shade the left side of each eye with T and each ear with B. Freehand draw the mouth and fangs with T or CG. Using the end of your paintbrush, dot the eyes with B. Let dry. Apply varnish over the eyes and ears.
5. Use wire snips to cut the chenille stems in half for the hooks. Place a dab of glue on the back side of each wing tip. Attach the end of a lime stem to each purple bat wing and the end of an orange stem to each green bat wing.
6. Referring to the photo, coil the chenille stems, making sharp corners as you bend them. Hook the bats together for a garland.