General Site Help
Having difficulty using BHG.com? Browse the information below to see if your question is addressed. For general help, email our support team at email@example.com.
How Do I Send an Idea to Improve Your Site?
- We'd love to hear from you. Please email our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please understand that, due to the high volume of mail we receive, we cannot reply to every note. You can also sign up to become a member of our web consumer test panel. We will be inviting your feedback to a variety of initiatives we will be planning during the coming year. If you're interested, please send us your name, mailing address and e-mail address.
I'm Having Trouble Opting Out of Push Notifications.
- If you have opted in for our browser push notifications, and you would like to opt-out, please refer to the following instructions depending on your device and browser. For turning notifications on or off on Google Chrome and Android
click here, for Firefox click here, for Safari click here and for Microsoft's Edge click here.
How Do I Find an Article That Appears On Your Web Site?
- Use the 'SEARCH' function which you will find on every page of our site. Enter your keywords in the search box and press 'search.' On the search results page, you'll be able to further narrow your search.
I’m Having Trouble Navigating Your Site.
- If you can't find the item that you're looking for, we recommend that you use our search function. Simply type a keyword in the search box and press 'search'. If too many results are returned, you may want to add more keywords to your search. You can search for recipes or the entire site.
The Page I'm On Isn't Displaying Properly.
- If BHG.com pages do not display correctly for you, we recommend that you first close your browser, delete your browser cache files and try the page again. If that doesn't work, please check to make sure that you have a current version of your web browser. For most browsers, you can go the vendor's web site (ie: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome) and download the most recent version.
- BHG.com will support the following browsers or platforms:
- Chrome 40+ on PC/Macintosh
- Firefox 35+ on PC/Macintosh
- IE 11+ on PC
- Safari 8+ on Macintosh
- If you have a browser that we do not support, we will direct you to a site that will allow you to upgrade your browser.
I’m Having Trouble Printing or Saving a Page.
- PRINTING: Most pages on BHG.com have a 'Print This' button which will take you to a printer-friendly page. If that is not available, you can print the page simply by pressing the 'Print' button on your browser or choosing 'Print' from the 'File' menu.
- SAVING: If you wish to save a page for future viewing, we recommend that you either use the 'Email This' function to email the story to yourself or add the page to your Bookmarks or Favorites.
I'm Having Trouble Using The Arrange-A-Room Tool.
- In order to solve your issue, please try removing & re-installing or upgrading Flash by clicking here.
- Sometimes it will not work on a resolution of 800x600 or below. Try using a resolution of 1024x768 or higher. To change your resolution, right click on your desktop and then left click on Properties. In the box that comes up click the "Settings" tab. In the screen resolution box there is a slider, move the slider so that it says 1024x768 or higher, and click "OK".
- If you're still having difficulty with the tool, please send the following information to our support team at
- Operating System (Windows 95,98,ME,2000,XP or Mac OS 8.x,9.x,X):
- Browser (internet explorer, netscape, etc...):
- Browser version:
- Internet Service Provider (AOL, ATT, etc.):
- Flash version:
- Error message (if any):
- Are you currently using a popup blocker? Popup blockers may cause issues while utilizing our site. Try turning it off before e-mailing us.
I'm Having Trouble With Flash, RealPlayer, or Windows Media Player.
- Flash, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player are called plug-ins. Plug-ins are software programs that expand your Web browser's functions. On BHG.com, for example, we may use Flash animations. In order to view these mini-movies, you must have the Flash Player plug-in. Other plug-ins allow you to listen to sound files, zoom in on images, and take advantage of other special features.
- Any time we include a file that requires a plug-in, we warn you in advance and tell you how to obtain the plug-in software. In most cases, plug-ins are available for free if you are willing to download them from the maker. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully to make certain that your computer is compatible with any plug-ins you download.
- You can download plug-ins at these locations: