This Property Line Garden Plan Will Perfectly Frame Your Yard's Borders
If you'd like to give your yard a sense of enclosure without blocking the view, this property line garden plan will do the trick. Or you can site it in front of a wall or fence to help soften their look. As long as the perennials and woody plants in this design can be in full sun, they'll thrive without needing much care from you, other than occasional watering. From summer into fall, you'll enjoy blooms in soft shades of violet-blue and yellow from perennials such as catmint, coreopsis, and yarrow, complemented by the silver-blue and bright chartreuse-gold foliage of evergreen blue spruce and juniper. This plan also includes optional bulbs (crocus, daffodils, and tulips) that you can add in among the other plants to provide a little early spring color.
Plants for Creating the Property Line Garden Plan
- 1 Blue spruce (Picea pungens ‘Fat Albert’): Zones 2-8
- 1 Juniper (Juniperus chinensis ‘Saybrook Gold’): Zones 4-9
- 1 Vernal witch hazel (Hamamelis vernalis): Zones 5-8
- 1 Bluebeard (Caryopteris x clandonensis ‘Dark Knight’): Zones 5-8
- 5 Catmint (Nepeta x faassenii): Zones 4-7
- 3 Threadleaf coreopsis (Coreopsis verticillata ‘Moonbeam’): Zones 3-9
- 1 Yarrow (Achillea ‘Coronation Gold’): Zones 3-9
- 3 Beard tongue (Penstemon digitalis ‘Husker Red’): Zones 4-8
If you aren't able to find the exact cultivars listed above, substitute with others with similar colors, shapes, and sizes. And because some plants can become overly aggressive and spread out of control in certain climates, always check which species are considered invasive in your area before planting.
Get the Free Property Line Garden Plan
The garden plan for this design includes an illustrated version of the planted garden, a detailed layout diagram, a list of plants for the garden as shown, and complete instructions for installing the garden. Free, one-time registration allows unlimited access to all garden plans, available as printable PDFs.