Low-Maintenance Perennials Shine in This Extra-Easy Sun-Loving Garden Plan
A beautiful garden that doesn't require a whole lot of upkeep is possible. The key is to select reliable plants that will thrive without needing you to do much other than give them a little water in dry weather and pull up weeds once in a while. This extra-easy sun-loving garden plan features several bold and bright flowering perennials like daylily, catmint, and coneflower that are about as low-maintenance as you can get. This design will create a beautiful garden that's easy to care for, making it a win-win. Just plant in a full-sun spot, and you'll soon be enjoying your colorful landscape without having to fuss over every flower.
Plants for Creating the Extra-Easy Sun-Loving Garden Plan
- 3 Liatris 'Kobold': Zones: 4-9
- 3 Purple coneflower (Echinacea 'Magnus'): Zones 3-9
- 3 Yarrow (Achillea 'Cerise Queen'): Zones 3-9
- 3 Catmint (Nepeta 'Walker's Low'): Zones 4-8
- 3 Tickseed (Coreopsis 'Moonbeam'): Zones 3-8
- 3 Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Stella d'Oro'): Zones 3-10
- 3 Stonecrop (Sedum 'Autumn Fire'): Zones 4-9
- 3 Bellflower (Campanula 'Pearl Deep Blue'): Zones 4-7
If you aren't able to find the exact cultivars listed above, substitute with others that have similar colors, shapes, and sizes. And because some plants can become overly aggressive and spread out of control in certain climates, always check which species are considered invasive in your area before planting.
Get the Free Extra-Easy Sun-Loving Garden Plan
The garden plan for this design includes an illustrated version of the planted garden, a detailed layout diagram, a list of plants for the garden as shown, and complete instructions for installing the garden. Free, one-time registration allows unlimited access to all garden plans, available as printable PDFs.