Cute Curtain Tieback
A tieback is like jewelry; it gives any panel a polished look. Dress up your curtains with this easy-to-make trimmed felt tieback.
What you'll need:
- Two coordinating colors of felt
- Button-cover kit
- Sewing thread
- Cut one pattern from each color of felt.
- Cut 14 2-inch-diameter circles from the contrasting color of felt.
- Fold in sides of the circles and secure with two rows of stitching.
- Cut each circle in half between the rows of stitching. Align half circles along the edge of a tieback piece; pin, then baste in place. Layer the second tieback piece on top of the first; pin, then topstitch. Cut a buttonhole in one end.
- Make a covered button according to package directions, attach to the tieback, and button tieback around the curtain.